Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge: Day 04: A Rookie Card of One of My Favorite Players

Today's 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge topic is:

Day 04:  A Rookie Card of One of My Favorite Players

If you've followed my blog at all, you know that I basically only collect a single player:  Barry Larkin.  As luck would have it, I own all of Barry's rookie cards - or, at least I own all of the "common" rookie cards of his.  I'm sure there are some oddballs out there that I still don't own (and may not even know about yet).

That said, I felt like showing a Larkin rookie card was sort of a cop out.  It was expected...

And so, how about a rookie card of one of the few current Reds worth talking about?

Mr. Joey Votto.
That's a nice Topps Chrome card - though it doesn't scan all that well I see.  Speaking of seeing, I don't think you'll see Votto in number 60 ever again either!  (He wears #19 now.)

I have to say, I'm enjoying the 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge.  Obviously, I've only begun the challenge - and if you want to get in on the action, here's the full list of topics.

Comments

  1. Nice choice Chris! I know a lot of Reds fans don't care for Votto's plate discipline but that's what I like most about him. I prefer a guy who waits for pitches and is more concerned about getting on base instead of trying to blast the ball out of the stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card design. It's one of the reasons I jumped back into the hobby back in 2008. It doesn't get a ton of love, but there's just something about the lettering inside of the colored circles at the top.

    As for Votto... the guy knows how to get on base and has solid numbers year in and year out. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment