Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge: Day 07: A Card You Bought in Person (Or Not...)

I've enjoyed writing the 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge posts thus far - but the prompt for today is causing me trouble.  That's because the prompt is:

Day 07:  A Card You Bought in Person (and the Story Behind It)

The problem for me is that I don't ever have a much of an opportunity to buy cards in person.  I don't have any good baseball card shops near me...not in my town, not even in my county.  Heck, I don't even know where the closest baseball card shop is anymore - the one that was closest (about 1.5 hours away) closed a year or two ago.

I also live too far away from any major city - so I don't get the opportunity to ever go to card shows either.  In fact, in my lifetime I've only ever been to one "real" card show...and that was when I was only eight or nine so I didn't have any disposable income at that point to buy my own cards.

And so, I don't have anything for this post...which means I'll go with a slightly modified version:

Day 07b:  The First Card You Remember Buying

Now this is a prompt I can answer.  The first card I ever remember buying was a Barry Larkin insert (go figure, right)?

That's a 2000 Topps "All-Topps" insert card from Series 1.  I distinctly recall buying this card off of Yahoo's auctions (which was fairly cutting edge for the year 2000).  For some reason, at the time I thought this insert set had the coolest design (and truly, I have no idea why I thought that looking back today).

In a strange turn of events, I now own three different copies of this card (so if you need one, let me know)!

Here's the rest of the 30-Day Challenge post schedule - come back soon for more from me!

Comments

  1. Damn I feel old. First cards I remember buying were 1977 Star Wars cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment