Sunday, April 09, 2017

The 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge: Day 09: A 1950s Card that I Like

Today's 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge prompt:

One of your favorite cards from the 1950s.

I consider myself a set collector first and foremost which means (given my lack of disposable income), I don't do a lot with cards from the 1950s.  I have no illusions that I'll ever complete a set from then...so the few cards that I do own from the era are mostly as a result of "throw ins" from various trades that I've completed over the years.

While I may not own many cards from the 1950s, I can at least rest easy in knowing that one of my favorite cards that I own from the era is actually a sweet card indeed!

That's Vada Pinson and there is a lot to love about this card.

First, the black circle border makes it look like someone is watching Pinson play through a knothole in a fence.  Second, Pinson appears to be trying to hit a home run...in an empty stadium.  And third, how about the Mr. Redlegs logo at the bottom of the card.  Awesome!

Later 30-Day Card prompts will challenge me to find favorites from later eras...and that will probably prove to be much more difficult since my card pool will drastically increase!


1 comments:

Fuji said...

Great card. Love the Mr. Redlegs logo.

Post a Comment