Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 523: 2000 Pacific Crown Collection - #69

Barry Larkin
Year:  2000
Brand:  Pacific Crown Collection
Card number:  69

The 2000 Pacific Crown Collection set is a 300 card set.  Each base card in the set comes in one of four varieties, standard base (shown here), holographic purple (numbered out of 199), platinum blue (numbered out of 67), or premier date (numbered out of 27).  You have to love how Pacific uses some of the most random numbering options of any card manufacturer, ever.

In my opinion, the base card design is actually fairly nice.  I only wish that Pacific would have scrapped the foil and used team specific colors for the name plate.  I'd also prefer the team logo on the front of the card (as opposed to only the team name in gold foil).  The back of the card is also fairly well designed, even if it is lacking much in the way of meaningful statistics (one year, and hardly any statistical categories).  The 2000 Crown Collection set isn't my all-time favorite, but I wouldn't turn down opening a box or two of the stuff if I were given the opportunity!

Comments

  1. Pacific made some awesome looking cards. When it comes to design and innovation, I think they are the most underrated manufacturer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment