Featured Post

Contest Winnings from Night Owl: Volume III

I'm back with the third pack out of my prize blaster of 2016 Gypsy Queen (thanks to a Night Owl contest that I won a long time ago).  Without further delay, let's see what we get today!

Pack 3:
42.  Gio Gonzalez
150.  Felix Hernandez

Is King Felix still pitching?  I feel like I never hear about him anymore.  As for the card, I think the blue uniforms of the Mariners (and in an earlier pack, the Cubs) really pop with this design/image filter.
180.  Jose Quintana
288.  Brian Johnson
Mini:  277.  Justin Nicolino

Another Marlin, but this time some guy I've never heard of.  Marlin minis have to be just about the least desirable type of minis there are.
Power Alley insert:  PA-27.  Hank Aaron

The Power Alley cards are seeded 1:8 packs - so if you are only going to get one in a blaster, it might as well be Hank Aaron, right?!  

So that's three packs, two Marlins minis (though the numbered Giancarlo Stanton mini was certainly a good pull).  The Hank Aaron card is the first full-sized insert of the blaster.  So far, it's been fun!

Comments