Featured Post

2017 Allen & Ginter: Box 4: Packs 17 - 24

Edit #1:  Looking to trade for some Allen & Ginter cards?  I have a BIG TRADE BAIT PAGE here.
Edit #2:  Looking for some of my better Allen & Ginter pulls, including the relic from this post?  Here's a link to my current eBay auctions which include a lot of 2017 Ginter (and also a bunch of short prints from 2008 Topps Heritage).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back with the final eight packs out of my fourth box of 2017 Topps Allen & Ginter.  This box has proven to be a decent one with an autograph and a Brooklyn back mini leading the way.  Can we find something else to make it a truly great box?  Let's find out together.

Box 4:
Packs 17 - 24:

Once again, I must show off the fish card.

Walleye are popular fish among fishermen in my area though I can't say that I've ever eaten Walleye before.

Only two minis worth mentioning this time around, both are inserts including another World's Dude card (which I love).

The University Track Dude is kind of hilarious looking.  The photo is perfect for a set like this, kudos to Topps for that.

The other insert is another one of the Bust a Move cards - this time for the Tango.

I can't dance to save my life - and I'm not sure the written step-by-step instructions on the back can save me...but I do appreciate the card design.  Once again, kudos to Topps.

For all of the complaining I hear about Topps, I have to say that they brought their A game (for the most part) with this year's edition of Allen & Ginter.  I think the worst part of the design is the box loaders - they aren't awful but they simply don't interest me the way some of the more oddball designs used to.

Speaking of not really interesting me, the non-framed relics are pretty dull in my eyes.  My final hit of the box was Xander Bogaerts of the Red Sox.

Not the most exciting ending to a box, but I'm still happy to have landed two more mini inserts for my set.  I've greatly enjoyed this year's edition of Ginter (I wish I had had the cash to buy a case) but at least I have one more box remaining to open.  Let's hope for more magic in that one!

Comments