Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2017 Allen & Ginter: A Pair of Rack Packs

Looking to trade for some 2017 Allen & Ginter cards?  I've got plenty of base cards and insert cards (regular sized and mini) available for trade.  Check out my full list of trade bait here.

----------------------


I found myself at my local WalMart to pick up some groceries the other day...and so I had to stop at the card aisle "just to see."  There were no more 2017 Allen & Ginter blasters, but there were two rack packs.  I figured the pack searchers had already determined the two packs to be duds, but I bought them anyway because I'm more interested in the mini inserts anyhow.

So, how did I do?  Well, let's dig in, shall we?!

Pack 1:

Each rack pack only contains 14 cards for something like $6.  That's not a good deal in my book.  My first rack pack had 10 regular base cards (one of which was a short print of Warren Spahn).

Amazingly, of the 10 base cards I actually needed three of them for my set.  I'll take it!

Next, the pack had a pair of full-sized inserts.  The first was a What a Day card of Addison Russell which I already had.  The other was a Sport Fish & Fishing Lures card of the Yellowfin Tuna which I also already owned.  So basically a pair of duds there.

The minis were a bit better at least.  I got a regular back mini of Addison Russell (a Russell hot pack I guess).  I'm not going after the regular mini set this year (except for all of the Barry Larkin variations) so this one is available for trade.

My other mini ended up being the highlight of the first rack pack:

That's another World's Dude mini.  This time honoring the Scout Dude.  According to the card back, the neckerchief is included in the scout uniform not just for ceremony but because it can be unrolled and used as a triangular bandage for first aid.  I was a scout for a year or two as a kid and I never knew that (shows how much I paid attention while in scouts I guess).

In the end, I got four cards I needed (including one mini insert) for about $6.  I don't think that's a great deal, but it certainly could have been worse.  Let's see if the second rack pack is any better for me.

Pack 2:

Much like the first pack, this pack also contained 10 base cards including one short print (Dallas Keuchel).  Also like the last pack, I got three more base cards that I actually needed!

Obviously the Bench is my favorite of the three, but I'm happy to get that much closer to completing my set.

Moving on to the inserts, I once again got two full-sized inserts including another Fish card (which I owned) and a What a Day card of Andrew Benintendi (which I also owned already).  Two more full-sized duds.

Luckily the pack had some other surprises in it for me including an A&G back card of Sean Manaea.

And, the best card for me:  A Required Reading mini of the Canterbury Tales.

I'm ever-so-slowly working my way towards completing the various insert sets!

Oh yeah, I had one more card in the pack...

Isn't that swell?  A freakin' buyback of a card that no one wanted in the first place.  Ugh.

Still, I landed four more cads in the second pack that I needed for my set - eight cards in total from the two packs.  At this point in time, I probably couldn't ask for much else (and notice no hits to be found, stupid pack searchers).


Comments

  1. It is weird that the buybacks are in the A&G product. Seems way out of place. Cool cards though on the others. I want to pick up the Sumo Dude card at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment