Featured Post

2017 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 5: Packs 9 - 16

This is the second post from my final box of 2017 Topps Allen & Ginter.  In the first part (posted earlier this morning), I pulled yet another autograph from the set.  What will we get this time around?

Box 5:
Packs 9 - 16:

Once again, we look at the fish card first.

I didn't get a whole lot worth mentioning in this middle set of packs, but I did land a pair of mini inserts which I'll take all day.  The first was another Required Reading card.

That's Wuthering Heights and I'm starting to think I haven't read a single one of the works on the Required Reading set checklist.  That makes me feel like a bit of a bad scholar if I'm being honest.  I'll have to check the list to see what other literary masterpieces are on there, hopefully there is at least one that I've read.

The other mini insert was one of the World's Dudes cards, this time the Violin Dude.

According to the card back, playing the violin burns roughly 170 calories per hour, or about 100 more than reading or watching television.  Maybe instead of reading great works of literature, I should take up the violin?

And finally, our (underwhelming) hit:

That's Manny Machado in the full frame relic version A (at least that's the better design in my opinion).  Not much else to say about that other than when you pull an autograph first you can't expect much out of the remaining two hits in the box.

Only one set of packs to go and my 2017 Allen & Ginter experience will be over.  I really enjoyed this year's set...it's too bad that the hype machine for Aaron Judge has pushed individual boxes up over the $125 mark (as of the time I'm typing this post at least).  I could see myself buying a couple more boxes but not at those prices, there's almost no way you'll make your money back - or even half of you money back at that kind of price point.

Comments