Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

1999 Pacific: A Fun (?) Jog Down Memory Lane

Another day, another pack of 1999 Pacific.  Today's pack features a few players that should give you definite flashbacks of the late 90s if you were a baseball card collector back then.

Pack 21:
25.  Devon White
40.  Alex Rodriguez

A-Rod as a Mariner seems less annoying to me than A-Rod as a Yankee.  To be fair to A-Rod, I did kind of like his announcing abilities in last years (I think?) playoffs.

57.  Rafael Palmeiro

Headshot variation.

82.  Mark Clark
210.  Dean Palmer
Palmer is one of those guys who I seemed to pull a lot of cards of despite him not ever really doing all that much to warrant having so many cards.
248.  Matt Lawton
326.  Doug Glanville
415.  Quinton McCracken
Another late 90s name that brought back memories for me.  Pulling Rays has never been an ideal thing in packs...and McCracken is the perfect Ray in that nobody knows who he is and nobody really knows why he is in the pack.
421.  Will Clark
449.  Shannon Stewart

Well, that does it for that pack.  A fun jog down memory lane...or at least, it was a jog.  I don't think there is any such thing as a "fun jog" now that I think about it.  #runningsucks  #itriedtorunthissummer

Comments