Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

1999 Pacific: Labor Day Edition

Most of you reading this are probably celebrating Labor Day by having a day off of work.  While I do get most of the summer off, I don't get Labor Day off (hard to complain much about that trade-off to be honest).  Thus, while you are sitting back and enjoying the final days of summer - I'm off at work trying to teach the next generation some mathematics...

However, before I do any teaching, let's crack open another pack out of the box (and since you are off work, you can crack open a cold one to enjoy while looking through the pack of cards with me if you want).

Pack 4:
11.  Troy Percival
61.  B.J. Surhoff
101.  Ray Durham
113.  John Hudek

I like to think that I know quite a bit about the Cincinnati Reds, but I have to admit that I have no recollection of Hudek.  According to the card back, Hudek was chosen to the All-Star game during his rookie season in 1994 (he was an Astro then though).

136.  Jim Thome
185.  Brad Ausmus
222.  Eric Karros
274.  Edgardo Alfonzo
311.  Ben Grieve

Four packs, four head shot variations.  I'm starting think these are one per pack.

367.  Chris Gomez

Always nice to get the first Reds' card out of the box (and it was new to my collection which is even better).  Nothing mind blowing from the box thus far - but I already have a nice stack of 40 base cards...only 460 more base cards to go before I have the entire set!

Comments