Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

1999 Pacific: Remembering 9/11

The date September 11 will probably always affect me at least a little bit whenever I hear it.  I was a college freshman on that terrible day back in 2001 - and it's definitely one of those days where you remember exactly where you were and what you were doing (in my case, I had gone back to bed after an early morning math lab).  I certainly do my best to avoid mixing politics and baseball cards, but I can't help but wonder what all the citizens of countries like Iraq and especially Syria must feel like.  I mean, they've had many, many days similar to our 9/11...  If one day, 16 years ago can still affect me, I can't imagine what the citizens of countries under constant war must feel like. 

Wow.  That sort of came out of nowhere from me...and was sort of a downer way to open up a blog post.  Let's try and cheer ourselves up by returning to something fun and silly (like baseball cards).

Pack 11:
39.  Kevin Millwood
60.  Cal Ripken, Jr.

Always good to land one of the star player cards from the set.  Those are often the trickiest to track down via trades after the fact!

157.  Geronimo Berroa
232.  Marquis Grissom
261.  Orlando Cabrera
314.  Jason McDonald
344.  Aramis Ramirez
352.  J.D. Drew

Our head shot image variation for the pack.  I have now pulled both versions of Drew's cards in the base set.

385.  Bill Mueller

Diamond Dynagon:  13.  Kerry Wood

Hey, hey, our second insert of the box!  The Diamond Dynagon cards are seeded 4:37 packs so we should probably expect to get four in a box.  The cards are certainly green enough!

After a bit of a downer to open the post, I think we recovered nicely.  Remember everyone, be nice out there.  That's really all I can say.

Comments