Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 554: 1992 Score - #50 - '90s Impact Players Insert

Barry Larkin
Year:  1992
Brand:  Score
Insert set:  '90s Impact Players
Card number:  50

The 1992 Score set had a 90 card insert set called '90s Impact Players.  I believe you could only track the cards down in specially marked "super packs" (with the inserts seeded five-per-pack).  Despite 1992 being a year of overproduced baseball cards, I had never seen this particular Barry Larkin card until blog reader John H. contacted me with a scan of the card asking if I needed it.

Now that I have the card safely tucked away in my Barry Larkin Collection binder, I can report that according to my records I own 32 out of the 61 different Barry Larkin cards produced in 1992.  Of the remaining missing cards, most are either inserts or parallels (or oddballs that are even trickier to track down) but there are still a couple of cards that should be quite easy to find (including Larkin's Bowman base card which has eluded me thus far).

No matter, it's nice to be able to mark off one more card from the early 90s...and since this was the first time I actually ever saw the card, it's all that much sweeter that it is now mine!  Thanks for sending it my way, John.

Comments