Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Cards from The Collective Mind

I've been working like a mad man trying to get my collection fully reorganized...and as part of my efforts, I'm trying to make sure that incoming mail doesn't sit around on my desk for too long before I open it, catalog it, scan it, write about it, and finally, file it away.  For today, that's exactly what I need to do with a trade package that arrived last week from Greg over at The Collective Mind.

Greg sent me an email a few weeks ago saying that he had some 2000 Topps that I needed.  He certainly didn't disappoint - he sent me over 20 cards from the set that I still needed including my favorite of the bunch:

Poor Bichette looks like he is about to be swallowed up by the Wrigley Field ivy.  It's a great image from an underappreciated flagship set - and it's a card that I'm happy to be able to tuck away in its appropriate spot in the binder!

As with many trades that I receive (and send), Greg included a couple of other goodies for me including two different Gypsy Queen cards that I needed.  The first was from the 2011 set - a set that I seem to have all but stalled out on...so getting even one card from the set is awesome (and promising that maybe someday I'll actually finish the darn thing).

The second Gypsy Queen card came from the 2013 set - and Indians fans might not want to see this one.

Yeah, I think Edwin's injury pretty much cost the Indians their chance to move past the Yankees in the ALDS.  That's a shame too because I liked the Indians (especially seeing Jay Bruce do well) and I never, ever root for the Yankees.  As for the set, I'm actually closer to completing the 2013 Gypsy Queen set than I am to completing the 2011 edition...even though I've had two extra years of collecting (and begging) for 2011 cards.  

Much like Topps Heritage, I've sworn off collecting any more from the Gypsy Queen brand until I at least finish off one of the GQ sets that I've been working on (seemingly) forever.  

The final card that Greg sent my way was from a Heritage set...but this was the Topps Heritage American Heroes set - and it's a Heroes of Spaceflight insert.

I love the Heroes of Spaceflight insert set - and one of these days I'll probably break down and simply purchase whatever cards that remain on my want list.  Until then though, I'll happily acquire as many as I can via trades.

Thanks for all the cards, Greg.  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments