Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! This is Why I Like my Trade Stack Series

I've been adding doing my Trade Stack series off and on for a number of years now on the blog.  The premise is simple:  I keep adding cards to form a stack until someone steps up and claims the pile.  In return, all that person has to do is find at least one card for me from my want list.

Not so long ago, it was Gavin (form Baseball Card Breakdown) who stepped up to claim a Trade Stack.  And then, a day later, he claimed the very next Trade Stack as well.  In return?  Well, he sent me 16 cards from my want list plus a brand new Barry Larkin card for my collection.  Of the want list cards, all were from 2017 Topps Archives - a set that I liked quite a bit but, for whatever reason, has been kind of tough to track down this year.  I guess maybe other's didn't like the set as much as I did?

I also mentioned a new Barry Larkin card - here it is in all of its shiny gold glory.

I'll have plenty more to say about that card when I feature it in a different series of mine, my Barry Larkin Collection series.

Thanks for the pair of trades, Gavin! 

Comments

  1. Nice! Like the Larkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Archives sets, but haven't been getting much of them lately. My only beef with them is having so many past designs each year and repeating some of them, that haven't been used for Heritage yet. It is also sort of odd seeing some of the old-time players appear on a new retro card with a design from the past that they had appeared on during their playing years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment