Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! The Summer of '74 Brings Cards from the Summer of 2000.

Back around the end of October*, I completed a trade involving older Topps' flagship sets with Mat over at the Summer of '74 blog.  Matt had a nice sized stack of 2000 Topps that I needed - and I was able to help him out with his 2009, 2011, and 2013 Topps' flagship needs.  It's always good fun to trade away unwanted cards while simultaneously filling in holes in my card binder with cards that I actually do want!

In my opinion, the 2000 Topps set doesn't get nearly the credit it deserves for being a solid base set.  It's not flashy (other than the gold foil for the name which I do hate)...but it's a solid set with some interesting photography (and great card backs).

I'm particularly happy to have that Gary Disarcina card in my collection because of the "future version" jersey he is wearing.  Oh yeah, the idea of the future jersey is a hideous eyesore but I'm happy that at least one example of the jersey was caught on cardboard for all of eternity.

Thanks for the quick and easy swap, Matt.  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer! 

*I promise that I wrote this post back at the end of October as well, but with my box of 2015 UD Dinosaurs already scheduled to go live for the first 20 days of November, this post ended up getting pushed back a few weeks.

Comments