Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Trade with Robb from Brewers 792

I recently completed a trade with Robb over at Brewers 792.  Before I get to my end of the deal, I have to say that I'm super excited to now know about another Brewers' collector out there.  For the longest time, I had a hard time finding home for my unwanted Milwaukee cards (luckily for me the Brewers aren't generally all that popular in baseball card products these days so it wasn't like I was accumulating all that much of the Brewers' stuff).  Still, it's nice to know someone who will love the cards....and that's exactly what I was able to do with the trade with Robb.

I dumped traded off some unwanted Brewers cards and in exchange, Robb hooked me up with some cards from my want list.

Working from the newest stuff to the oldest, we begin with 2017 Allen & Ginter.  More specifically, three more cards from the What a Day insert set.

The 100 card What a Day insert set has proven to be a bear to collect this year.  Due to the Aaron Judge hysteria, prices of Allen & Ginter skyrockets and so I was unable to buy as much of the product as I might have otherwise.  Of course, less product bought means acquiring the necessary 100 cards for this set suddenly became quite daunting (you only get 12 cards per box on average).   All things considered, I'm making decent progress but I'm definitely thankful when people like Robb can help me out.

Sticking with Allen & Ginter, Robb had some minis I needed as well including two more of the World's Dudes set.

The Tennis Dude is cool enough I guess, but the real hero here is the Russian Peddler Dude, if for no other reason than his name!

Finally, one more mini from this year's edition of Allen & Ginter, this one from the retail only Horse in the Race set.

The Mustang Horse is definitely one of the better known horse breeds, if for no other reason than their use as a symbol for the American pioneer spirit.  I wonder if Ginter will have a Cows set in next years edition of the brand?

While I'm obviously super pleased to have been able to acquire some cards from my 2017 want list, Robb also was able to give me a bit of help with one other set..this one from 1999.

That's a pair of cards from the 1999 Fleer Sports Illustrated set - a set that I've obviously been working on for quite some time.

And last (but certainly not least), a new Barry Larkin card for my collection.

That's a 1994 Score Dream Team card that I somehow had not yet acquired for my Barry Larkin Collection.  It's amazing to me how many Larkin cards exist out there...and how many of those I still don't have!  At least I have this one now, that's one less to try and track down!

Thanks for the great trade, Robb.  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. I'm glad the Larkin card found a good home. I always liked the photo on this one. Good luck tracking down the rest of this year's A&G set. I collected about half the base set and barely put a dent into all the inserts before I started trading it all away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment