Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The Worst Part of 2017 Topps Gallery: The "Artist Proof" Parallels (aka: Parallels Done Poorly)

I'm taking a break from the "regular" packs in my blaster of 2017 Topps Gallery to rip open the bonus pack - a pack full of Artist Proof parallels.  As you'll soon see, this is a complete waste of a bonus pack in my estimation...but you don't have to take my word for it. 

Behold.

Artist Proof Parallels:

22.  Ryon Healy

Two strikes against Healy already.  First, who is Ryon Healy?  Second, who in the world collects the Athletics these days?  Seriously.  I want to know.  I'd love to send a "Season of Giving" package full of Athletics your way if you happen to collect Oakland cards.

23.  Hunter Dozier

Another dud team, and another player I know nothing about.  According to the card back, Dozier missed extensive time in 2017 with oblique and wrist injuries.  That doesn't bode well for his future as a Major Leaguer, does it?

82.  Anthony Alford

Boy...Athletics, Royals, Blue Jays.  I'm sure getting hard-to-trade teams here, aren't I?  All I need is the Rays or Marlins for the fourth card in the pack and I'll be all set.  *end sarcasm*  Seriously though, these parallels are pretty much crap.  The only thing that differentiates them from the regular base cards is the foil "Artist's Proof" on the front of the card.  The least Topps could have done is change the border...or maybe the card stock.  You know...something...that would make these feel different and/or special in some way.  Instead, you get a little extra gold foil.  Ugh.

121.  Christian Yelich

Seriously.  A freaking Marlin.  I couldn't have hand-picked a worse selection of teams, could I?  

These will be probably end up in a Trade Stack soon...maybe someone out there is silly enough to try and complete the full parallel set.

Comments

  1. Artist's Foil Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I was not impressed with these "parallels" one bit. I thought my pack was bad, but you definitely topped me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if its any consolation Ryan Healy has been traded to the Mariners

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment