Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 567: 1997 Leaf - #11 - Knothole Gang insert

Barry Larkin
Year:  1997
Brand:  Leaf
Insert set:  Knothole Gang
Card number:  11

This is definitely one of the more unique cards in my Barry Larkin Collection.  The front of the card is meant to evoke memories of staring through a knothole in a wooden fence in order to watch as a baseball game.  With today's security, I'm not sure you can ever get that close to a game but the sentiment certainly works! 

The back of the card has an extremely brief write-up about Larkin...and the serial number of the card (my copy happens to be copy 1058 out of 5000)!  Alright, so it isn't the rarest of cards out there...but it's still pretty cool (and definitely unique).  I'll give Leaf props for this one, it's a winner in my book!

One note:  There is apparently a different version of this card out there with a Promo/5000 stamp rather than the actual serial number.  Since I'm a sucker for all Larkin variants, I'm definitely interested in trying to track that version down some day as well!

Comments