Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 570: 1987 Broder Indiana Blue Sox - #17 - New Big Reds Machine

Barry Larkin
Year:  1987
Brand:  Broder Indiana Blue Sox
Card number:  17

Cards from the late 1980s are confusing, especially the wide variety of oddball cards.  This particular Larkin card appears to come from the 1987 Broder Indiana Blue Sox set, though there is no indication of the brand on the card itself.  To make matters even more confusing, this particular Broder set has two versions of the Barry Larkin card.  The version that I own above is the second version.  The first version is card #7 in the set and it features the wording "Photo By Indiana Blue Sox" on the back (along with the card number).  I have no idea why there is two versions of the card, one with proper photo citation and one without.  If anyone out there has more information about the set, I'm all ears as I was only able to find this site which doesn't even show the Larkin card that I have in my possession!

Comments