Featured Post

Flashback Friday: 2017 Topps Update Pack Rip!

It's been awhile since I've done a Flashback Friday post (my last two happened in October of this year).  What better time to resurrect a "barely there" blog theme (five total Flashback Fridays prior to today's post spread out over a three year span definitely counts as "barely there").

Anyhow, for today's Flashback Friday we are going all the way back to the end of summer 2017.  Alright, so that isn't that far back - but in all fairness I never bought (or opened) a single pack of 2017 Topps Update which is what I have for us today.  The pack itself came from an eBay seller as a throw in, so anything good that I might find in it is purely bonus!

So how'd I do?  Here's the video version...

...and because I know some of you prefer scans, here's the big "hit" of the pack:

That's yet another Aaron Judge rookie.  Topps is obsessed with Judge (which was too bad because his presence in this year's edition of Allen & Ginter made those boxes unaffordable for).  I am still hoping to create my own Frankenset of non-Reds eventually, so I think this card is in the running for a spot in that set.

Another card from the pack that will probably make its way to my Frankenset (when/if I ever get around to working on it) is this awesome Jose Altuve card.

Altuve is definitely my favorite non-Reds player in MLB right now...so I'm always happy to acquire his cards.  In fact, I've been toying with the idea of making an Altuve PC to go along with my Larkin PC.  I guess I have a thing for middle infielders (makes sense since I played second base primarily in Little League back in the day)!

All in all, that was a fun little pack rip.  I don't have any strong desire to open any more packs from 2017 Topps Update...but I'll never turn down the chance to rip a free pack!  Oh and if you were wondering, the Ariel Hernandez, the Jose Ramirez and the Yoan Moncada cards also both may make their way into my Frankenset eventually.  The rest of the cards are already in their respective team's trade piles.

Comments