Featured Post

2000 Fleer Tradition: Packs 19 & 20: Keep on Rolling

The box of 2000 Fleer Tradition that I've been working on since early January has 36 total packs.  Today, we rip packs 19 and 20.  Prior to today's rip, we've found 19 cards that I've needed in 18 packs.  That's not terrible given how few cards remain in the set that I actually need...but I would like to have that ratio inch up a bit higher in an honest bid to complete the entire base set (and, if I'm really lucky, an insert set or two as well).  Let's see how we do today!

Pack 19:
1.  AL Home Run Leaders

40.  Matt Williams
97.  Montreal Expos
123.  Erubiel Durazo

188.  Jeff Cirillo
204.  Tom Gordon
242.  Cole Liniak & Jose Molina
334.  Desi Relaford
387.  Todd Zeile
Who to Watch:  11.  Ben Davis

Alright, I landed the first card in the set which I needed (and that's exciting because card #1 in any given set seems to often elude me for whatever reason).  In addition, I needed the Durazo card - which bumps my total number of cards needed up 21 through 19 packs.  That's a better ratio...let's keep it going!

Pack 20:
23.  Gary Bennett
50.  Fernando Tatis
132.  Jose Lima
144.  Dmitri Young
147.  Edgardo Alfonzo
196.  Vinny Castilla
247.  Philadelphia Phillies
339.  David Justice  (That's the third time I've pulled this card in this box.  Sheesh)
340.  Juan Encarnacion

385.  Jamie Moyer

Awesome - another needed base card. That's now 22 cards needed through 20 packs...and there's a chance that I could actually finish off my set yet!

*Note:  The Edgardo Alfonzo card was needed when I started this box break - but I already pulled it in a previous pack so it doesn't count as a needed card twice.


Comments