Featured Post

Pointless, Dumb, and All Mine.

Delivery Time! Cards from Jimmy!

Jimmy, of the defunct (?) blog S.Mack Talk, was one of the recipients of my Season of Giving that I held over the holiday break.  While I didn't expect or require anything in return for the cards I sent out, many people like Jimmy did in fact send something back my way.  In Jimmy's case, it was a great PWE full of cards that I needed for my 2015 Topps Stadium Club set - a set that I should be able to complete thanks to another trade that is due to arrive any day now!

Jimmy sent me 9 cards that I needed for my set - but a couple of them are true highlights that are worth scanning for the blog (okay, okay, any card I need for my set is a highlight, but you know what I mean)...

That Jimmy Rollins is clearly modeled on some famous photograph of another Dodger (maybe Jackie?) that I can sort of picture in my head...but not quite recall.  Anyhow, it's pretty cool - and it fits in well with the feel of the Stadium Club set.

The other card that I liked a lot also happened to be a Dodger (I feel gross saying that)...

That's Zack Greinke presumably asking an umpire if he actually gets to walk to first.  Zack looks completely confused here - and while confusion happens on the baseball field all the time, it's not all that often that the confusion is documented on a baseball card for all of eternity.

Thanks for the PWE Jimmy!  And, as always, should anyone else have some cards that I need - I'd love to work out a trade.  Be sure to check out my want list!

Comments