Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Delivery Time! What a Day!

The mail days keep on coming here at el casa de Nachos and that's awesome.  One of my latest packages is courtesy of Brad (who I don't think has a blog - correct me if I'm wrong, Brad)!  Anyhow, Brad wanted some of my 2016 Allen & Ginter duplicates and in exchange he was able to knock a few cards off of my want list.  In fact, more than just a few as Brad was able to whittle down three different sets that I'm currently working on.

First, he had one 2017 Topps Archives base card that I needed.

The 1992 set design is still an underrated set in my eyes - and the 2017 Archives set did a nice job of replicating the charm of the set.

Next, the namesake for today's blog post title:  some What a Day insert cards from last year's Allen & Ginter set.

Somehow, I still need a ton of these cards - so getting able to eliminate five from the want list in one fell swoop was particularly gratifying.  That Correa card is particularly cool.

Sticking with 2017 Ginter, Brad also had a pair of much needed minis for my collection.

The Required Reading cards are definitely kind of dull to look at, but they make for a nice set as a whole.  The World's Dudes cards are probably one of the cooler insert sets from A&G in recent history (and they are even better since they are modeled on an old set design from the 1800s if I'm not mistaken).

Finally, the third set that Brad had some cards for me was 2017 Topps Gallery.

I didn't scan them all, but Brad ended up sending me 9 new cards for my set which was a huge help in getting down to needing fewer than 20 more cards before I can call the base set complete!

Many thanks for the wonderful trade, Brad.  And - as always - if anyone else would like to trade, be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments