Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 593: 1987 Topps - #648 (Error card)

Jose Canseco / Barry Larkin
Year:  1987
Brand:  Topps
Card number:  648 (error card)

The 1987 Topps set has a pair of well-known Barry Larkin printing error cards.  I managed to grab both copies from the same eBay seller not all that long ago.  I already showed off the first error card here (with Larkin on the front and Canseco's stats on the back).  Today, we get a look at the other version - basically the subject on the front and backs of the card are flipped.

I don't generally have much interest in error cards (printing errors or otherwise) but I guess I felt the need to make an exception for my Barry Larkin Collection (I consider many of my 1980s sets complete if they have one copy of a given base card, all the various error cards aren't necessary in my book).  Still, for Larkin I make exceptions and so I find myself purposely buying error cards from eBay.

The things we do as player collectors, am I right?!

Comments

  1. That's certainly a cool card. I'd want it if it was someone I collected on the front or back. For me, it's an example of why no player collection is ever "complete." You just never know what's out there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment