Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 597: 1999 Pacific - #114

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Pacific
Card number:  114

The 1999 Pacific set features some nice photography on the card fronts and an awful lot of bright blue on the card backs!  Actually, I happen to like this set quite a bit (even if it is a bit heavy on image variations....a full two decades before Topps started to go overboard with the same idea).  As for the Larkin card itself, it's a nice enough image and I like the easy to spot team logos on both the front and backside of the card.  I also appreciate the full career statistics, something that seems to be less and less common on baseball cards as you move forward in years. 

In addition to the base card you see here, there are two parallel versions that I don't yet own (a retail only red version and a platinum blue version).  Barry is also featured in the Team Checklist insert set which is another card that I have yet to track down for myself. 

Comments