Featured Post

Rockin' Retro Group Break: Sign-Ups Begin Now!

For me, spring break from work starts next week which means I'll have a little more time than usual to do some baseball card related activities.  What better way to celebrate the imminent return of baseball games that actually count than with another group break?

This group break will run similar to my 2018 Topps Heritage break - that is, each slot will get you one team of your choice and one random team.  The cost to enter the group break is cheaper than the Heritage break and we have more boxes...not only that, but we have a rather wide range of boxes which should offer something for everyone's tastes!

The details:

Cost:  Each slot (one team of your choice, one random team) will be $25.00.  The price includes shipping to the US.  Please send payment to paypal.me/nachosgrande and please indicate your chosen team in the comment section when you send payment.  All payments should be sent as goods/services!

When?  The Rockin' Retro group break will begin soon after I sell all of the slots (and all the boxes arrive).  Ideally, I will bust all the boxes on either Monday or Tuesday evening next week.  As usual, I will open the boxes on video (live on YouTube) and post the link on my blog.  All boxes have already been ordered but I won't reveal each box until I have it in hand (therefore, if you are signing up early you'll get a little bit of a mystery until the boxes are all revealed).

Note #1:  I will claim one slot (the Reds).

Note #2:  Non-sport cards will be randomized between all teams.  Cards featuring players from multiple teams will be randomized between the featured team slots.  All cards* from the boxes will ship.
*see note below

So, what's included in the group break?  
Note:  There will be six total boxes included in the break.  I will update this last with photographs and details as the other boxes arrive in the mail.  Consider this a fun bit of suspense for those that jump in early on the break (remember, only 15 slots in this break)!!

2002 Fleer Triple Crown (hobby box) - 24 packs, 10 cards per pack

2012 Panini Cooperstown - 24 packs, 5 cards per pack

1997 Fleer Sports Illustrated* - 24 packs, 6 cards per pack


*I have a box of 1997 Fleer Sports Illustrated in group break which is a set that I have been working on for quite some time.  As of this moment, there are four remaining cards that I need from the set to complete my own set.  According to the online checklist, those cards are:  #49 (Charles Nagy), 99 (Barry Larkin), 149 (Albert Belle), and 180 (John Wetteland).  If we happen to pull any of those, I will be keeping them for my set (a Larkin pulled would be mine anyhow since I'm claiming the Reds so it's really only three possible base cards that I will be keeping from that '97 Sports Illustrated box).  All other cards, inserts, etc. from that box will ship.

1998 Bowman Chrome (hobby box) -  24 packs, 4 cards per pack

1998 Topps Gold Label - 11 packs, 3 cards per pack

2017 Topps Gold Label (hobby box) - 1 autograph per box



Available Teams (Break is Full!):
Arizona Diamondbacks -
Atlanta Braves  - Colbey H. (PAID)
Baltimore Orioles -
Boston Red Sox  - Doc (PAID)
Chicago White Sox - JediJeff (PAID)
Chicago Cubs - Trevor P. (PAID)
Cincinnati Reds - Nachos Grande (PAID)
Cleveland Indians - Kin (PAID)
Colorado Rockies - Adam K. (PAID)
Detroit Tigers -
Houston Astros - Bru (PAID)
Kansas City Royals -
Los Angeles Angels -
Los Angeles Dodgers - Spiegel83 (PAID)
Miami Marlins -
Milwaukee Brewers -
Minnesota Twins -
New York Mets -
New York Yankees - Tim B. (PAID)
Oakland Athletics -
Philadelphia Phillies - daddyohoho (PAID)
Pittsburgh Pirates -
San Diego Padres -
San Francisco Giants - Nick Vossbrink (PAID)
Seattle Mariners - TexasSurveyor (PAID)
St. Louis Cardinals - madding (PAID)
Tampa Bay Rays -
Texas Rangers -
Toronto Blue Jays -
Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos - CaptKirk42 (PAID)

Please leave a comment below with the team(s) you are claiming and then send payment to paypal.me/nachosgrande.  Make sure you enter your mailing address (and please indicate your chosen team as well to help speed up the packing process for me).  Thank you!





Comments

  1. Put me down for the Cardinals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put me in for the Astros! I’ll send payment Friday (payday!) if that’s alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will take the Dodgers please

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this I am in on. '18 Heritage had crap by way of White Sox, but I am all over some slightly older boxes.

    Sox me up, Chris. Payment by Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will take the Phillies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Payment sent...just wanted to make sure I got the retro Tribe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like Seattle and will send payment tonight..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Expos/Nationals please. Hmm previous attempts of commenting at work didn't seem to be accepted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll take the Giants. Will send payment later today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll go in for the Cubs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll take the Rockies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Count me in for the Red Sox. Sending paypal in a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I guess I’ll take that last spot and claim the Braves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment