Featured Post

2018 Gypsy Queen: Box 2 - Packs 05 - 08 (in which I pull so many Yankees)

The first four packs out of the second Gypsy Queen box were rather fun.  Let's hope the positive momentum continues as move into packs 5 - 8.

Box 2:  Packs 5 - 8:

Two of the four packs offered up nothing but base cards (which in and of itself isn't the worst thing since I do plan on trying to complete the entire base set).  The other two packs each had one card of note starting with the one promised short print per box...

That's a rather nice photo of Whitey Ford, though I can't help but feel like I've seen that image somewhere else before (I don't collect the Yankees so maybe I'm wrong about that).

Speaking of the Yankees, my other card of note was a logo swap variation of Giancarlo Stanton.

Those logo swap cards are 1:22 packs and I suppose I could have done much worse in terms of player selection.  Still, I can't help but be underwhelmed by the logo swap idea as a whole.  This one will probably end up on either eBay or in someone's trade envelope.

That does it for the second set of four packs.  Not the most exciting packs ever, but I do appreciate nailing down one more short print if nothing else.  Plenty more goodies to come including the two promised hits of the box.

Comments