Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 602: 1998 Topps Gold Label - #74 - Class 1 Black

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Topps Gold Label
Parallel subset:  Class 1 Black
Card number:  74

The 1998 Topps Gold Label has a bunch of different variations for each player (I showed off Larkin's most basic "base card" a couple of days ago).  Today's card is one of the parallels of the base card - it's part of the Class 1 Black parallel set.  Although the set is definitely confusing, I appreciate the fact that Topps wrote "black level" underneath the card number on the backside of the card.  That helps immensely when sorting cards - and in terms of knowing just exactly what it is that you are holding in your hands!

I still have one more Larkin card from this set to show off...but I'm nowhere near done collecting Larkins from the set.  By my count, there are still six more Larkins to acquire from the '98 Gold Label set (that's not counting the one-of-ones which I'm not bothering to ever chase down).

Comments