Featured Post

Delivery Time! A Mini Zapping!

Back in March, I completed a quick swap with the master of trades:  Mr. Zippy Zappy himself.  After I sent my cards off to him, he returned fire to me...and then we waited.

And waited.  And waited.

Somehow, the envelope must have gotten lost somewhere in the world of the post office...but this story has a happy ending because I now have the envelope in hand (and it didn't even show too much wear other than a series of holes in it that luckily didn't damage any of the cards).

For me, the highlight of the envelope has to be one of the few potential bright spots for the Reds moving forward in both 2018 but more importantly for 2019 and beyond.

That's the young phenom Nick Senzel - and this is one of my first cards of his.  Very cool!

Other highlights of the package include this neat Card Gen card of Jonny Gomes.

Gomes didn't have a long stint with the Reds so it's nice to see him get some love here.

Speaking of getting some love, I expect the Reds to be bombarded with teams looking to acquire one of their few remaining good players this year, Raisel Iglesias.

Of course, given the recent travesty that was the Reds/Mets trade where the Reds got fleeced both coming and going, I don't hold out much hope that the Reds will get anything worthwhile for their closer.

Thanks for the great package of cards - always a pleasure to be on the receiving end of a Zippy Zapping.

Comments

  1. Thank goodness the cards eventually arrived, I was getting super close to just sending you a Nick Senzel autograph to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment