Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 609: 1999 Upper Deck Encore - #23

Barry Larkin
Year:  1999
Brand:  Upper Deck Encore
Card number:  23

The 1999 Upper Deck Encore set was a partial parallel set of Upper Deck's flagship release from the year.  Luckily for Larkin collectors, Barry was indeed featured in the 180 card set (Sean Casey and Greg Vaughn were the other two Reds featured in the set).  There is also a FX Gold parallel of every base card in the set (including Larkins) which is numbered out of only 125 copies.  I don't (yet?) own the parallel but for now I'm simply pleased to have the regular base card in my collection.

The card itself isn't bad.  I never heard of the Encore set prior to obtaining this card but I did buy a few packs of the 1999 Upper Deck flagship set back in the day...and that's enough for me to like this card alright even if I feel that the design aged rather poorly.

Comments