Featured Post

2018 Allen & Ginter: More from Box #1

This morning I ripped through the first third of box #1 of 2018 Allen & Ginter.  I'm impatient so let's rip some more packs tonight!

Pack 7:
126.  Jon Lester
125.  Brian McCann
346.  Dwight Gooden
98.  A.J. Pollock
29.  H. Jon Benjamin
77.  Adam Duvall

Magnificent Moons:
MM-9.  Miranda

Indigenous Heroes
MIH-20.  Joseph the Younger

The second moon card of the box is nice, but I'm more pleased to get my first mini insert of the break!  I hope to complete all of the mini sets so I know I'll need your help with that...but at least I have the start to the collection now!

Pack 8:
268.  Jose Berrios
117.  Corey Kluber
82.  Method Man
230.  Tim Beckham
281.  Salvador Perez

Regular mini:
144.  CC Sabathia

World Talent:
WT-25.  Yu Darvish

Home Run Challenge
HRC-GS.  Giancarlo Stanton

Apparently you can win a trip to the 2019 Home Run Derby if you play the game successfully.  I don't think I'll be trying to win this so it's up for trade.

Pack 9:
158.  Yonder Alonso
110.  Honus Wagner
303.  Hyun-Jin Ryu
193.  Zack Granite
58.  Andrelton Simmons
210.  Francisco Lindor

Black Border Mini:
283.  Addison Russell

Baseball Equipment of the Ages:
BEA-27.  Bases

Did you know that bases originally were to be filled with sand or sawdust?  Sturdier bases didn't come along until 1939 according to the card back.  Pack 9 also had my second black bordered mini...but I can't say I have any interest in either one so far.

Pack 10:
53.  Mike Zunino
103.  Lucas Sims
237.  Brian Anderson
93.  Stephen Strasburg
91.  Victor Caratini
280.  Clayton Kershaw

Regular mini:
172.  Buster Posey

Fantasy Goldmine:
FG-2.  Cal Ripken, Jr.

The Fantasy Goldmine cards are only "okay" in my mind though I like that the Ripken highlights his defensive WAR as opposed to his offensive WAR.

Pack 11:
83.  Cryptocurrency
236.  Luis Castillo
348.  Josh Hader
85.  Mariano Rivera
255.  Willie Calhoun
242.  Yoenis Cespedes

Black border mini:
347.  Jay Bruce

Magnificent Moons:
MM-4.  Mimas

That Bruce black bordered mini is my third such mini of the box.  At 1:10 odds for a black border, I've definitely beaten the odds there.  Too bad I won't be collecting the vast majority of the black bordered minis!

Pack 12:
264.  Reggie Jackson
147. Walker Buehler
206.  Paul Blackburn
102.  Josh Bell
271.  Jose Canseco
178.  Jon Gray

World Talent:
WT-4.  Luiz Gohara

A&G back mini:
139.  Michael Rapaport

Uhm, I can't say this pack did much for me.  I hate to end on a dud so let's rip one more.

Pack 13:
65.  Clint Frazier
308.  Brett Gardner
157.  Bill James
189.  Ichiro
221.  Jeff Bagwell
151.  Don Mattingly

World's Greatest Beaches:
WGB-8.  Bay of Angels

Flags of Lost Nations:
FLN-6.  Ceylon

I love, love, love the Flags of Lost Nations set...so I'm super happy to pull one of the minis relatively early in the break.  It's sets like this which harken back to the 1800s era Ginter stuff that makes me really love the brand as a whole.  Good stuff here - and a great way to end tonight's rip fest!

Comments