Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 612: 2000 Pacific Private Stock - #35

Barry Larkin
Year:  2000
Brand:  Pacific Private Stock
Card number:  35

One of my baseball card regrets of the late 90s/early 00s is that I didn't get to buy much of the Pacific Private Stock brand.  It's definitely too late now seeing as how unopened Pacific boxes are virtually impossible for me to locate (especially boxes of sets that I want to open)!  That said, I'm happy to at least have the Barry Larkin base card from the Private Stock set in my collection because it's quite nice.

The front of the card has a bit of an artistic bend to it (or maybe that's the northern lights in the background)?  No matter, it's perfectly fine though I don't care for the diagonal script player name.  The back of the card doesn't feature much in the way of statistics which is a design choice that I typically rail against.  However, in this case the "single day snapshot" write-up is well done - and it makes it worthwhile to skimp on the career statistics.  I also like the secondary photo as well as the large team logo on the back of the card.  Oh, and Pacific deserves another shout out for making their card number easy to read with the name and year of the set in the card number bubble.  I wish all companies did that as it makes it so much easier to sort through cards!

Now for the bad news:  There are three base card parallels that I need to track down yet:
Silver Portrait (#/199) - retail only
Gold Portrait (#/99) - hobby only
Premiere Date (#/39) - hobby only

Barry was not featured in the various mini sets within the 2000 Private Stock set so at least I don't have to try and track all of those down as well!  Small victories when dealing with a fairly difficult to find set.  Small victories indeed.

Comments

  1. I liked these. I feel like it was Pacific's answer to Topps Gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment