Featured Post

The Retail Side of Ginter

As a math guy, I've been keeping track of exactly what each hobby box and retail blaster of 2018 Ginter has actually produced for me.  While there is obviously the small sample size argument to be made, I still think that there is some value in my little experiment.  Heck, I even set up a full Excel spreadsheet in order to keep track and make some comparisons between the various Ginter load outs. 

For today, we are going to add to our sample size pool and open up the only other retail blaster of 2018 Ginter that I've been able to locate.  As before, this one came from Wal-Mart (not sure if there are any differences this year between Wal-Mart blasters and Target blasters).  Each blaster has 8 packs which should make for a nice rip for today - I'll try to do half this morning and the second half this evening.
Blaster #2:
Pack 1:
298.  Jameson Taillon
31.  Joc Pederson
56. Justin Bour
73.  Adrian Beltre

Black border mini:
45.  Dexter Fowler

World Talent:
WT-10.  Yasiel Puig

Pack 2:
99.  Pedro Martinez
41.  Didi Gregorious
28.  Jack Flaherty
216.  Rafael Devers

A&G back mini:
36.  Trevor Story

Fantasy Goldmine:
FG-24.  Wade Boggs

Pack 3:
315.  Christian Villanueva
267.  Garrett Richards
122.  Jimmy Nelson
174.  Corey Seager

Baseball Equipment of the Ages:
BEA-6.  Early Catcher's Mask

Baseball Superstitions mini:
MBS-14.  Mismatched Socks

Hooray, a nice mini insert that I needed!  The first half of the blaster is already a success even before I see what pack #4 holds.

Pack 4:
308.  Brett Gardner
244.  Orlando Arcia
220. Theo Epstein
74.  Eric Hosmer

World's Greatest Beaches:
WGB-10.  Harbour Island

Indigenous Heroes:
MIH-19.  John Ross

And another mini insert - good stuff here!

Retail has been pretty good to me so far...but full results will be made public once I finish ripping the latter half of the blaster.  Still, two mini inserts is a great start.

Comments