Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 616: 2000 Topps Gold Label - #33 - Class 2

Barry Larkin
Year:  2000
Brand:  Topps Gold Label
Parallel:  Class 2
Card number:  33

The turn-of-the-century Topps Gold Label brand is one of my favorite sets that I never collected as a teenager.  That's definitely a shame because it is really, really difficult to find unopened boxes of Gold Lable now (at least, I can't seem to find any).  As a Larkin collector, the 2000 set has quite a bit to like including 3 different classes (all seeded at the same rarity in 2000) plus a gold parallel of all three classes (each numbered out of 100).  Barry is also part of the cool Bullion insert set (a card that I haven't yet tracked down for myself).

Turning our attention to the card, how about the little tidbit on the backside of the card?!  According to some random formula by Total Baseball, Larkin is the greatest player in history.  Now, even I as a huge Barry Larkin fan can see the silliness in that statement...but still, pretty cool accolades even if the formula must be flawed!

Comments