Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 618: 2000 Topps - #AT-6 - All Topps insert

Barry Larkin
Year:  2000
Brand:  Topps
Insert set:  All Topps
Card number:  AT-6

I've mentioned this on the blog before, but this particular Barry Larkin card is my first recollection of a card that I won from an online auction.  I think I probably won this from a Yahoo! auction (this would be prior to eBay if I'm not mistaken in my memory).  In that sense, this card is kind of special even if it is otherwise not much better than your typical Topps flagship insert fare.

To be fair, the All-Topps cards were kind of a tough pull (seeded 1:12 packs and the set is 20 cards large spread across both Series 1 and Series 2).  This card happens to be one of only two (not counting parallels) Barry Larkin cards in the entire 2000 Topps set (the other being his regular base card).  Otherwise, there isn't much else to see here.  The card design has some sort of weird feather/leaf (?) design going on but honestly, I can't make heads or tails of it.  The back of the card is better only because it shows Larkin compared to both his peers of the day and his shortstop brethren throughout MLB's history. 

Comments