Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 619: 2000 Topps Stadium Club Chrome - #30

Barry Larkin
Year:  2000
Brand:  Topps Stadium Club Chrome
Card number:  30

I guess this set is proof that Topps figures everything they do can be made better with a chrome version.  Truth be told, Topps might actually be right about that!

I actually like this Stadium Club Chrome card quite a bit - and that's a good thing since there are three more parallels of this card out there that I'd like to track down some day (a refractor, a First Day Issue #/100, and a First Day Issue Refractor #/25).  I also like that the front of the card appears to have a photo taken mere milliseconds after the photograph used for Larkin's 2000 base Topps card.

All told, I have no complaints about the card or the design. My only question is why hasn't Topps produced Stadium Club Chrome more often in the years since 2000?!

Comments