Featured Post

The Last Ginter Blaster (Seriously this Time!)

This is it. I promise.  This will be the final blaster of 2018 Allen & Ginter that I buy and show off on the blog.  In fact, after I rip through this blaster the only thing left is my Gint-a-Cuffs box - and that needs the scoring rules posted for the contest before I can show that off (I already opened the box on video so I know what is in there but no one else does, yet)!

Let's get through this blaster before the weekend is over, shall we?!

Blaster #5:
Packs 1 - 4:

As usual, let's look at only the highlights from the first half right now.  The second half has an extra special highlight...but you are going to have to wait for the next post to see it!

We will start things off with the most non-Ginter like card in this year's set - the Home Run Challenge insert.

I still hope to simply list all of my Home Run Challenge cards (unused) on eBay to make a little cash - but if someone out there would like to make an offer for them now and save me the hassle of listing, I'm all ears.  I believe I have 5 of these cards now.

Moving on to the minis, two were regular backs (and not Barry Larkin) so those get ignored.  The other two were both inserts, though I think I already have the Maria Tallchief if memory serves correctly.

I needed the other one though - another retail only Exotic Sports card.

Sepak Takraw is apparently a sport that dates back to the 1400s.  It's essentially "kick volleyball" which is kind of cool I guess.  The former soccer player in me appreciates that anyhow!

That does it for the first half.  Not bad, but definitely not as good as the second half of the blaster will be (stay tuned)!

Comments