Featured Post

Gint-a-Cuffs: Pack 18: The One with the Rip Card!

This year, I bought a total of four hobby boxes of Allen & Ginter.  I saved the fourth and final one for Gint-a-Cuffs...and as you'll see, that was a good move since it was the only box out of the four that held a rip card.

Oh sure, my rip card could have been worth a lot more in terms of Gint-a-Cuffs points - but I won't complain :)

Box total so far:  72 points (plus box loader TBD)

Pack 18:
106.  David Ortiz
216.  Rafael Devers
251.  Charlie Blackmon
Regular mini:  35.  Robinson Cano
Fantasy Goldmine:  FG-6.  Bo Jackson (+2 points)
Rip card:  RIP-1.  Derek Jeter #48/75 (Rip:  +8 but Yankee means divide by 2 = +4 points total).

Pack total:  6 points
Box total so far:  78 points (plus box loader TBD)

Oh sure, the fact that my rip was a Yankee meant that my second hit of the box wasn't worth nearly what it could have been...but even so, I can't be mad about pulling the Jeter rip card.  At the moment, I haven't yet ripped the card open (I may list it on ebay unripped to see what I can get).  Hard to say...I may need those points from whatever lurks inside the rip card though for Gint-a-Cuffs.  Decisions, decisions!

Comments

  1. I'm not used to seeing Derek Jeter with hair. It almost doesn't look like him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I have yet to pull a rip card from a pack and hope I can someday. I wonder if the commissioner would let you take the minimum points for what could be inside so you don't have to rip it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on pulling that Jeter rip card. I'm sure that'd sell for good money to a Yankees collector... but I'm secretly hoping you rip it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment