Featured Post

My First Twitter Group Break

Back in the beginning of August, I joined in a group break that was hosted on Twitter by someone that I follow.  As I recall, the break was very cheap (<$5 I think) which is what convinced me to give it a shot.  Unfortunately, I never did quite figure out what exactly was being broken (it was supposed to be a bunch of 90s packs I think).  Once the break got underway, there was some sort of game happening within the break - which is how I believe I ended up with this rather random Gary Carter Stadium Club card for instance.

Sure, it's a nice enough card I guess, but it doesn't fit in with a group break where I selected only the Reds.  Speaking of my team, I ended up walking away with 17 different Reds - not terrible I guess, but not great either since most of them were actually duplicates.  As with any break involving packs from the 90s, I was hoping to land a new Barry Larkin card.  While I did get one Larkin out of the break, it was most definitely NOT a new one to me. 

Yeah, 1990 Fleer doesn't do much to bring up the excitement levels, does it?

Other than that, the two highlights (if you can call them that) were a card about a Parade (in which you can barely make out an actual parade happening) and a card of a failed Reds manager.

As with any group break, you win some and you lose some.  If nothing else, this taught me that I need to be a bit more discerning about sort of breaks I join.  At the very least, I need to make sure I know what is actually being opened - after all, I am trying my best to clear out my collection of unwanted/duplicate cards - no reason to buy into breaks that will only bring more such cards into my collection!

Comments

  1. I think I was in the same break. I did about the same.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment