Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession

Last week was a rough week for me, both in terms of work (I have a new course prep this fall which is keeping me on my toes) and in terms of sickness (I caught some sort of nasty bug that knocked me out Friday - Sunday).  Since I lost most of last weekend to the illness, what little time I was awake and semi-coherent for was mostly spent working on school lessons and grading.  I only say this because I am trying to get back to posting trade packages in a quicker manner - and while I still have a few more packages to show off from months ago (!), I'm making good one my new goal by instead highlighting a package that arrived while I was sick.

Thanks to Adam (from ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsesssion), I am now inching a bit closer to a couple of 2018 sets.  First, Adam sent me a pair of minis that I needed.

The Postage Required set isn't my favorite mini set this year, but as a Ginter completionist, I still feel this need to acquire them all!  On the other hand, the retail exclusive "Exotic Sports" set is pretty cool and fits in perfectly with the "oddball" Ginter brand.  In this case, the card celebrates watercross which is basically where you take a modified snowmobile and race it across water (since 1977 according to the card back)!

The other 2018 set that Adam helped me out with is the once popular but quickly forgotten, 2018 Panini Donruss.  Oh sure, the lack of team logos is unfortunate but over the '18 Donruss set was a fun product to bust.  Unfortunately, based on the relatively low number of trades involving the product, I must be in the minority of people that thought the product was worth spending money on.

Happily for me though, Adam had some unwanted Donruss - in fact, he sent along a stack of 18 which just about cut my want list down by a third for the set.

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't show off this Larkin (also from Adam) from the 2018 Ginter set. 

Yes, I already owned it - but I needed one copy for my set binder and now this copy will go in my Barry Larkin Collection binder.  I'm still looking for all of Larkin's mini variations (as well as the "hot box" variation) but at least now I have his base card safely tucked away in both binders!

Thanks for the trade Adam!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer.  After all, I'm getting back to the point of being quite efficient with most of my trading and posting.

Comments