Featured Post

Group Break: The End of Donruss (Trick or Treat Edition)

I'm scheduling this post to go live at 6:01 PM EST.  That time also happens to be when trick-or-treating officially starts in my small town.  Luckily for me, my little guy is only 5.5 months old so he doesn't know what Halloween is yet (and so I get to stay home).  Unluckily for me, staying home means trying to keep the dog in the house and the trick-or-treaters outside the house while handing out candy to every little mini human that rings the doorbell.

While I try to keep peace in the neighborhood, you can all enjoy the final four packs from the 2016 Panini Donruss box - including the final pack which has our one promised hit in it!

2016 Panini Donruss:
Pack 21:
181.  Cal Ripken, Jr. - Orioles
135.  Chris Heston - Giants
144.  Matt Holliday - Cardinals
99.  Jacob DeGrom - Mets
USA Baseball:  USA-8.  Nick Banks

D82-32.  Adrian Beltre - Rangers

After no USA Baseball inserts for most of the box, we've pulled three (including one parallel #/99) in the past five packs.  Like the other USA cards, this one will be randomized among all group break participants (not including me).

Pack 22:
178.  Kirby Puckett - Twins
127.  Carlos Martinez - Cardinals
92.  Kendrys Morales - Royals
96.  Gerrit Cole - Pirates
Studio:  S8.  Stephen Piscotty - Cardinals

D82-27.  Nelson Cruz - Mariners


Pack 23:
170.  David Wright - Mets
174.  Justin Upton - Padres
120.  Mark Melancon - Pirates
87.  Anthony Rizzo - Cubs
195.  Checklist
D82-22.  Brandon Crawford - Giants

Pack 24:
166.  Michael Taylor - Nationals
109.  Billy Hamilton - Reds
114.  Dexter Fowler - Cubs
81.  Lorenzo Cain - Royals
D82-17.  Matt Harvey - Mets
Bat Kings Green Parallel Relic:  BK-AG.  Adrian Gonzalez - Dodgers (#20/25)

Wow, there's our hit and I'd say we did alright with it!  A green parallel numbered out of only 25...from a retail box.  Not bad at all!  The only unfortunate thing from the group break perspective is that no one claimed the Dodgers this time around which meant I ended up with them as one of the teams I had to take to fill the break.  I guess this helps me to ease the sting of having to soak up so many group break slots.

That does it for the Donruss box.  I think we did quite well all things considered.  Next up, I think we'll crack the 1997 Leaf Limited box. 

PS:  Happy Halloween.

Comments