Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 629: 2001 Fleer Futures - #145

Barry Larkin
Year:  2001
Brand:  Fleer Futures
Card number:  145

The only thing good that I can say about the Fleer Futures design from 2001 is that I did sort of like the textured elements on the card.  Otherwise, this is simply a boring mess of a design coupled with a rather dull photograph of Larkin.

The back of the card isn't much better.  The colors used are weird - they don't even match between the various boxes and I generally dislike being given only X number of years' worth of career statistics for a veteran player.  The Seasons Best line at the bottom is alright I guess, but it's nowhere near unique enough to save the card back for me.

In the end, I'm glad to have the Larkin card in my collection but I wasn't happy to learn that I'm still missing the Black Gold parallel in the set (numbered out of 499).  Actually, based on images I saw, I think the black design works better than the silver used for the base cards. 

Comments