Featured Post

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is one of my favorite days of the year:  a day dedicated to good food, good times, and family gatherings. 

Unfortunately for me, this year's celebration will be bittersweet because for the past six years or so, my wife and I would normally be driving up to Vermont right now in order to celebrate Thanksgiving with my grandmother.  For quite a few years, that meant making reservations and eating dinner at one of the many lovely places near her nursing home.  However, once she was unable to get in and out of our vehicles, we started eating Thanksgiving dinner with her in her nursing home. 

This year, all that will change forever since she passed away this past spring.  I miss my grandmother dearly and I know that today is going to be tough for me.  That said, I don't mean to be a downer today - think of this as more of a simple reminder to treasure those you love every day (not just on Thanksgiving).  Before you know it, you won't be able to do the things you currently take for granted.

Peace to all of you, and a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Important to remember! Thanks, Chris. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what it's all about. Sorry for your loss. I'm sure Grandma is with you in spirit. We'll be thinking of my wife's late mother as we have our dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment