Featured Post

Some Group Break Results from a Break that I Joined, but Didn't Host!

Back in June, Colbey (from Cardboard Collections) held one of his Affordable Group Breaks in which I was able to snag the Reds (and later was assigned the Mets as my random team).   The break consisted of a box of 2002 Upper Deck Diamond Connections and a box of 2003 Upper Deck 40 Man Baseball.  Although I no longer remember for sure, I think Colbey added in some random extra packs as well - or at least he added in some extra cards since not all the cards I ended up with are from the two boxes in the break.

Being honest, I didn't do particularly well in the break - but that's to be expected since the Reds were a pretty awful team in 2002 and 2003.  My main goal for joining the break was to acquire new Larkin cards - and while I can't say I got multiple Larkins, I did get one Larkin from the 40 Man set.

The main highlight from the Diamond Connection box was this nice Ken Griffey, Jr. card.  I'll never complain about adding new Griffeys to my collection!

On the Mets side of things, well, what to say.  The Mets didn't offer up much great, though this pair of Diamond Connection cards of Alomar and Piazza was nice enough.

Not every group break has to be big or full of hits - as both Colbey and I know since we each like to bust older products that have more of a focus on the base card and inserts.  I ended up walking away with a new Larkin for myself plus a few other Reds cards that might end up in my Reds Frankenset (when/if I ever get that thing put together).  All in all, I'd say it was a success.

Thanks for hosting the break, Colbey.  I know hosting can be fun - but it is also a ton of work and I appreciate what you do!  I also appreciate that I'm making incredible progress in terms of getting caught back up on trade packages - by my count I only have four more baseball packages sitting on my desk...I probably won't get to them all before December 1 but it might be close!   

Comments