Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 638: 2001 Donruss Class of 2001 - #98

Barry Larkin
Year:  2001
Brand:  Donruss Class of 2001
Card number:  98

The Donruss Class of 2001 set is probably best known for being the set that was packed with bobbleheads as box toppers (Larkin was not featured).  The set also had a bunch of autographs (which did feature Barry Larkin who signed only 15 cards)!  Other than the gimmick of the bobblehead dolls, I can't say that this set is of much interest to me.  The front is classic Donruss, and by that I mean it is entirely forgettable.  I do like the back of the card (notice the full 2001 year stats - this set was released in December 2001 so Donruss could do that). Otherwise though, it's pretty blah.

I can't really even be bothered to figure out how many other parallels there are from this set for me to track down.  I do know of at least one (which I own and will probably show off sooner rather than later just to get it over with).  This set bores me, can you tell?!

Comments