Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 646: 2001 Fleer Platinum - #291

Barry Larkin
Year:  2001
Brand:  Fleer Platinum
Card number:  291

Here's yet another virtually indistinguishable product from turn-of-the-century Fleer. 

Now, I have to say that I kind of like this card because of its quirky nature!  Oh sure, it's a base card with no statistics to speak of (something I generally hate) but in this case it's an All-Star subset card so I can let that slide.  I like any card that details a Cincinnati Reds player snapping a Cardinals streak (in this case, Larkin snapping Ozzie Smith's starting All-Star games). 

If I had one complaint about the card it would be the image choice - Larkin's face is quite obscured by the shadow.  I also don't really dig the Fler Platinum logo at the top, it's way too big and almost poking Barry in the head.  Still, it's a card that's different enough without resorting to any trickery (die-cuts, foil, etc) that I can appreciate it for what it is.

Comments