Featured Post

Delivery Time! The First Sets Completed of 2019 (Thanks Bubba's Bangin' Batch of Baseball Bits!)

Considering how cold and snowy it's been here, I have to admit that baseball trading has been fairly brisk (in a good way)!  Today, we take a look at the first half of an awesome package that arrived recently courtesy of Matt over at Bubba's Bangin' Batch of Baseball Bits.

Back in November of last year, I sent Matt a big envelope full of Allen & Ginter stuff that he needed for his own sets.  Like myself, Matt goes hog wild for Ginter each year and so he and I usually end up with at least one big trade which is mutually beneficial for each of us. 

Our latest trade was no exception!  Last week, a return envelope from Matt arrived at my doorstop and within it were the cards I needed to complete not one, but rather two different sets from my want list! 

The package was large enough - and varied enough - that I though I'd split the mail day post into two parts.  Today, we'll look at the full-sized goodies that Matt sent my way and then next time I'll show off the minis.  I can say that Matt sent me the final cards needed for one full-sized set and one mini set, so that's fun!

Speaking of completed sets, let's jump right in with this past year's base Allen & Ginter set. 

During the summer, I bought a lot of Allen & Ginter but somehow I never managed to track down the entire base set!  Thankfully, Matt had the cards that I was missing (all short prints) and mailed them out with the package. 

Obviously I like getting to complete sets that I'm working on, but this year completing any sets from my want list is that much sweeter since one of my 2019 Blog Resolutions is to whittle my want list down from the 132 sets on it to a much more reasonable (?!) 100 different sets.  Every card acquired gets me that much closer to completing my goal - and Matt had the honor of helping me knock the first of what I hope will be many sets off of my want list this year!

Most of the cards that Matt sent me were from 2018 Allen & Ginter, but not quite all of them.  Before I show some of the non-A&G stuff, let's look at the last of the full-sized A&G cards from Matt.

That's two more Fantasy Goldmine inserts from last year's A&G set.  While these two were both needed, I'm still missing quite a few from this set (and most of A&G's other insert sets).  Should you happen to have some unwanted cards lying around, here's what I'm still looking for out of 2018 Ginter:
2018 Topps Allen & Ginter:Full-Sized Inserts:Baseball Equipment of the Ages:  BEA- 4, 9, 16, 26, 28, 30Fantasy Goldmine:  FG- 8, 14, 17, 25, 26, 27, 30, 32, 36, 38, 43, 44World Talent:  WT- 8, 15, 19, 20, 21, 29, 31, 33, 34, 40, 42, 43, 47Mini Inserts:Baseball Superstitions:  MBS- 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15Exotic Sports:  MES- 2, 9, 11, 14, 15, 21, 23, 24, 25Flags of Lost Nations:  FLN- 1, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24Folio of Fears:  MFF- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9Indigenous Heroes:  MIH- 3, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 23, 24Postage Required:  MPR- 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15World's Hottest Peppers:  WHP- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15Unannounced minis:  MS-1 (Cuddy Calabrese), MS-3 (Dennis the Rash)
Moving on to the non-Ginter stuff. 

Matt found an autograph of a random Red for me - in this case Chris Dickerson. 

While I'm generally not a fan (or collector) of Bowman, I do love the trees in the background of this shot. 

Matt also sent me what I think is my first Topps Fire card from 2018. 

I believe that the Topps Fire set is a Target exclusive (sort of like Topps Gallery is a Wal-Mart exclusive).  I don't have a Target in my hometown so I don't get to that store very often.  As such, I haven't had the chance to even buy a pack of Topps Fire - but if they are as nice as this card, I am definitely missing out!

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't at least show off one more Ginter card - but this from the Ginter X set which is an online exclusive set.

*side note:  What's with Topps and all of these exclusive sets?! 

Anyhow, the card in question is none other than Barry Larkin - chalk up one more for my collection!

Many thanks for the great trade, Matt - and as I said at the top of the post, this is only the start!  The collection of mini cards that Matt sent my way definitely dwarfs what you see in this post.

As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade and help me out with my various collections, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Hooray for completed sets and new Larkins!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment