Featured Post

Delivery Time! The Other World Hooks Me Up: Want List Destruction (Part 1)

My Trade Bait Blowout has officially become a success in my eyes (even if I still have a ton of unclaimed trade bait available)!  You see, today's package is yet another package where my want list takes a major beating.  Today's beat down is courtesy of Dan over at The Other World.

Dan claimed some rather rare A&G minis that didn't fit within my own collection as well as an autograph (if I recall correctly).  In return, he sent me quite a few goodies from my want list.  Enough goodies, in fact, that I split the trade package up into two separate posts.

For today, we will look only at the full-sized cards sent my way.  Despite all my talk about my want list being hit, we actually begin with a card that wasn't on my want list but that I still like quite a bit. 

That's a Upper Deck Goudey on-card autograph of former Reds' great Brandon Phillips.  Brandon's exit from Cincinnati may have left a sort of sour taste in my mouth but I have to say that while he was a Red he was always exciting to watch.  You never knew what sort of crazy defensive play he might pull off in a given game.  In fact, in my lifetime I'd say only Phillips and Billy Hamilton were Reds that worth the price of admission to see them play defense.  Even better, Phillips wasn't (usually) too bad offensively either!

As nice as the autograph is, I'm even more excited to continue my 2019 resolution of drastically whittling down my want list.  Dan helped me out here quite a bit by including one of those pesky 2011 Gypsy Queen short prints.

The Aaron (along with a slew of other base cards ) have eluded me for nearly eight years now.  Obviously, I have quite a ways to go with the set still but every short print that I acquire gets me one big step closer to completion!  For the record, here's what I am still missing from the 2011 Gypsy Queen set...anyone have any of these cards still available?
1, 48, 303, 306, 310, 311, 312, 313, 315, 317, 323, 326, 330, 331, 334, 339, 341, 342, 345, 346, 348, 349
The last of the full-sized cards from Dan's package was a 6-pack of 2011 Topps Diamond parallels.

Remember when the diamond parallels were all the rage?  Now, Topps has all but killed the parallel by including twenty bajillion such parallels in each set.  But back in 2011, this concept was fresh enough (and the cards common enough) that I decided to take a stab at completing the entire set.  I'm not done with this one either but Dan's six certainly gave me some positive momentum moving forward.  Of all the sets on my want list, I'd like to think that this one is still quite doable since none of the cards are actually all that rare.

Speaking of the cards, I should probably share what I need from the 2011 Topps Diamond parallel set as well:
306, 369, 380, 381, 408, 462, 534, 537, 550, 573, 612, 652, 657
Next time, I'll show off all of the non-full-sized cards that Dan sent me.  You know I'm a sucker for mini cards...and even more of a sucker for completed sets.  Dan hit all the right notes for that, so stay tuned to the blog to see what else I was able to acquire!

In the meantime, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make me an offer!

Comments

  1. Goudey autographs are awesome! Great design. On-card. Can't ask for more than that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment