Featured Post

1999 Pacific Private Stock: Packs 12 - 14 (the Brothers Boone)

I'm fairly confident that buying a full box of Pacific Private Stock with the hopes of completing my base set was a foolish idea.  However, there isn't much as satisfying as opening up a pack of cards and pulling stuff you need.

Pack 12:

70.  Eric Chavez
122.  Hideo Nomo (need it)
76.  David Cone (need it)
18.  Sammy Sosa (need it)
142.  Greg Vaughn
Mini: 116.  Ryan Minor

The mini wasn't much to write home about but at least I did get three more cards for my base set.  In the end, it's really only the base cards that I'm interesting in - anything else is simply gravy!

Pack 13:

59.  Dante Bichette
91.  Rusty Greer (need it)
139.  John Smoltz
4.  Nomar Garciaparra (need it)
Mini:  146.  Devon White
Home Run History:  1.  Mark McGwire

There aren't many inserts in the 1999 Pacific Private Stock set.  In fact, the Home Run History set is the only proper insert set.  Seeded 2:25 packs, you should expect to (almost always) get two such cards in a box. 

Pack 14:

86.  Cliff Floyd
57.  Marvin Bernard
23.  Albert Belle (need it)
61.  Bret Boone (need it)
132.  Armando Rios
Mini:  139.  John Smoltz

Always fun to get cards that I need for a set and it's even better when those cards feature the Cincinnati Reds!  I have now pulled both Aaron (twice) and Bret Boone from this box.

Comments