Featured Post

30 Teams in 30 Posts #8

I'm ranking all 30 of the MLB teams in order of how much I like them at this moment in time.  As with most countdowns, I'm starting with the worst (Cardinals) and I'll eventually end up with the best (Reds).  The real question now is:  Where will the other MLB teams land in my countdown?

The "real" MLB Opening Day is right around the corner so I probably ought to get a move on this ranking list if I'm to complete it before the season gets too far underway!  Today, we take a look at team #8 on my list.

#8:  Colorado Rockies
Image source: https://www.kktv.com/content/sports/Colorado-Rockies-Announce-2018-Spring-Training-Schedule-458939913.html

I've had a weird infatuation and interest in the Rockies ever since they were an expansion team back in 1993.  I still remember getting cards at that time and thinking it was super cool if I ever pulled a Rockies card.  Little did I know then, my love for Colorado would persist to this day...and with it, the Rockies have a lock on spot #8 in my rankings.

As for today's Rockies, I've never been to the state of Colorado but it's definitely on my bucket list.  The Rockies' stadium looks pretty neat and I've heard great things about it.  I also like a lot of the current Rockies (like Arenado) and I love that Colorado is sometimes able to make the playoffs ahead of the much larger market teams in their division (Dodgers and Giants, two teams in my bottom 10 of my rankings).

Sometimes I guess it's the enemy of my enemy is my friend, even in baseball!

My list of favorite MLB teams (from worst to first):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  San Francisco Giants
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  Boston Red Sox
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Atlanta Braves
#23:  Los Angeles Dodgers
#22:  Milwaukee Brewers
#21:  Miami Marlins
#20:  San Diego Padres
#19:  Arizona Diamondbacks
#18:  Texas Rangers
#17:  Los Angeles Angels
#16:  Kansas City Royals
#15:  Minnesota Twins
#14:  Oakland Athletics
#13:  Philadelphia Phillies
#12:  Tampa Bay Rays
#11:  Toronto Blue Jays
#10:  Detroit Tigers
#9:  Chicago White Sox
#8:  Colorado Rockies
to be continued...

Comments

  1. Colorado is a beautiful state. I like the Rockies being in the Top 10. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choice! You should come visit. Coors Field is great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment